Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'd Done the LeTua 100 Trial Ride and ..........

God willing, I will do the official one this weekend. As I had declared in FB, I experienced my first crash during my first ever ride in the biggest cycling session so far with the participation of 160 cyclists. Alhamdulillah, i suffered only minor bruises. How it happened? There will always be conflicting versions depending whether the question is posed to me or to the other person. But the most appealing version would of course potrayed a scenario of an over excited newbie who foolishly lost control of his bike by hitting the rear wheel of the other person, who happened to be an "otai" rider with a well known cycling group. Such version, when told, was so appealing that even I had a lingering doubt on my own recollection of the event! But what I can tell you is this, if no otai rider can make any mistake then there should be zero crash in any pro tour as the pros should be, well, super expert in handling their bike.


My spirit was a bit dented immediately after the crash but I soldiered on after assessing that both my and Scotty's condition were OK. Though I need to stop 4 times to attend to my derailer problem due to the crash, alhamdulillah I managed to complete the entire route, no discount.


Riding has its own risks, as in other activities involving wheels. Looking forward, what I have to do is to be extra careful and alert in future rides and pray that God will protect me always.



Not me but this shot was taken on top of the 4th hills of the Dragon Back rolling series

That is me, tackling the 4th Hill of the Dragon Back Rolling Series, with a snail pace :-)