Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Out from the Shell

My last post was on 15 July 2010, where I blogged about to run or not to in the Siemens 10K. In the end I was extremely glad that I decided to be there at Dataran Merdeka, meeting friends and running with the Sarong Runners party plus Ronald MacIjam. I really had fun that day. My tabik to u guys!

After Siemens, my hibernation period started as planned. The crazy workloads made the resting period easy to chew, just like eating banana split (ok, I did think about karipap but it has a higher degree of difficulty compared to banana). I first thought of being a kaypochi in the Shape Run but could not make myself available due to other unexpected event.

By now, I had been lambong-ed many times in FB on the newly acquired Pooky…opssss no, not Pooky but Merrie Go Slow (no element of vulgarity in any way you spell or pronounce it :D). I have to admit that my mileage with Merrie Go Slow is shameful. I had a sore butt after riding Merrie for 11km and was told by King Mambo that it should be the lesser worry compared to the soreness to other part of my body after a long ride. I just need to get used of that soreness anyway and am looking forward to the Friday night ride at Putrajaya to be organized by King Mambo during Ramadhan.


Merrie Go Slow

On the running side, I did my first “recovery” run last week at Putrajaya. With an evening meeting scheduled last Friday at one of the buildings along the boulevard, I thought of releasing my long preserved endorphin after the meeting. My wish came true when my client released me at 9pm. After the extended zero weeks, doing a 7km at 7 min/km-ish pace felt hard, a clear indication of my declining fitness level.

Considering Newton 25km after Aidilfitri, I don’t think it is any longer an option for me not to run during the holy month of Ramadhan. Hence, please include me in any of your “lambong” in these coming 4 weeks OK!


“SELAMAT MENYAMBUT RAMADHAN KEPADA SEMUA DAN SEMOGA AMAL IBADAT KITA DITERIMA ALLAH”

20 comments:

  1. sure or not ziff?
    How about "Mary, go slow"? better put a "please" in there. oopps.. tertulis lak komen cam ni. ampun, ampun. :D

    selamat berpuasa & beribadah dlm bulan puasa

    (u can delete this comment if you want :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, no vulgarity in that (from a perspective of a non-yellow mind). No worry, that comment is fit to be here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats ziff..welcome back to blogger world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray, kene keluar gak, asyik kene kutuk ajer dlm blogsphere :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha, keluar jugak kau dari cengkerang selepas sekian lama, lepas tu lahir pulak merry go slow (bukan melly goslow penyanyi tu?)..

    Newton tu 25km je...apa barang 25km...
    Aku ucapkan selamat berpuasa, berbuka puasa, dan bersahur.

    Memang kitorang kutuk2 kau pun dlm blog..ha, ha..
    ziff masyuk, ziff masyuk...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how does it felt bro, I mean, to get out from your cengkerang after so loooong? Haha...
    That red Merrie looks hawt laa. Better add some more padding bro, otherwise kebassss! Huhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, you did wear a padded cycling short/pant during your last spin right? Better get one if you don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Pooky now are friends with Merrie Go Slow (nama penyanyi ek :P). Yes, looking for the friday nite ride with Diket sifu and gang. And yes my butt was sore after my maiden ride but other parts of the body no issue. I need to ride my Pooky more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehee ... Merrie oh merrie ...at least you are out of the shell ... my bluey (yes, a new friend of Pooky and Merrie) is still in the store room. bila la agaknya nak keluar ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. pooky, merrie, bluey, hmm must find a name that rhyme with u all lah .. mami ? hahah .. welcome back ziff and i like your red merrie lah, cun melecun! i definitely need to get a new one, diket, mine dah kira dinasour era LOL. see you one of the fridays nanti, ni resting with nothing at all for two weeks, then baru do something .. nasib puasa !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ijam - Pandai kau teka! Ilham dpt nama tu dari singer indon tu ler. Apa barang 25km! Barang besar ler kalau lari 7km dah semput hehehe. nasib baik bulan posa, aku maafkan korang kutuk-kutuk aku tu hahahaha

    zaki - I feel good. At least i could write someting that is not dry hehehe. Merrie Go Slow tu aku sambar ajer pasal susah nak cari second hand unit for my size. Mmg aku terpikir camner nak menambah padding, seluar padding dah ada tp kene gak butt sore hari tu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diket - I put on that padded pant bro the day that I got sore butt hehehe. Not enough padding i guess. Need to ride more to make the butt "kematu" hehehe

    Bro Zul - terima kasih. Selamat berpuasa untuk kau jugak. Senang2 up-date ler blog kau, aku mmg syok baca posting kau :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yim- Pooky and Merrie, all female species eh? We need to force Diket to transfer his skills to us soon :)

    Ian - wahh, Pooky, Merrie and Bluey. Bluey sound like a male species though hehehe. U need to force Bluey to see the world. Jom kita join Diket's nite ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. kak June - Mammie (not mummy) is quite catchy also :D Jom kak June, the more the merrier. We need to racun the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. welcome back ziff. My willie must meet your merrie one day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahah now its the meetings of the bikes .. kash, i want to meet your willie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kash - Merrie needs to meet new friends as she is all alone now :)

    June - Can play match making game for Willie also hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha. Pooky, Merrie and Bluey! Now we have names for the bikes. Why did I never thought of that when I got my first bike?
    What would Shuk named his bike? Shuky? And mine would be Canny? Hahaha.
    Anyway, what would be the best time to start the ride this Friday night? Suggestions please :)

    ReplyDelete