Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Coming Lion City Run II

God willing, this coming Sunday I am going to experience my second race at the Lion City this year, the first being the Adidas Sundown back in May. There is nothing much to do from now till the race day other than doing the anchoring. Whether you are satisfied with your training or otherwise, that is now a secondary matter for you to worry about.

I had attempted my final LSD prior to SCSM last Friday (taking the day off since I had planned to travel to JB after solat Jumaat with my family). Later drove south to and spent a night in JB with the itinerary of visiting an old friend of my wife on Saturday and attended a kenduri of my wife’s course mate in Muar. We then spent a night in Melaka on the way back to Shah Alam and found out that I love “nyonya cuisine” after having a sumptuos dinner at a Nyonya Retaurant in Taman Melaka Raya (note-my office mate told me that there is a nice Nyonya Restaurant in SS2 PJ, will check it out). Sunday was full attending the kids’ fooling around in the pool plus the sight-seeing at Bandar Hilir after checking out from the hotel. The partly cloudy weather made it easier for the kids to walk around and enjoying themselves in Melaka.

I did my easy run of 5.5km this morning and I am going to rest my legs till the race day in the hope that there will be no niggling issue related to the PF and knee in my second attempt to slay the 42.2km dragon, God willing. Of, of course I am not going to skip the best part of preparing for a full marathon run, the carbo-loading!

Good luck for those running in Singapore and wish you peeps all the best!

14 comments:

  1. Budak Labu boleh! Yeah!! Hehehe
    Slay those merlions Ziff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. syabas ziff..semoga PB di Kota Singa..kami doakan kejayaan anda dari kejauhan..hip hip horeyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck King! pace note dah print lom?

    makanan nyonya best, bukan kat rumah nyonya tu sendiri lah kan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you there ziff and all the best, rawk singapore we shall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With some reliable intelligence gathered, it now looks unlikely I'd be able to cangkuk lu lah bro!! :)
    See u there, and I'll cangkuk you at carboloading jelah... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. fuh...pelari kencang berbasikal dah bagi warning dah tu...walaupun lambat kat transisi powerman, tak bermakna lemah kat SCSM.
    Good luck ziff, nanti kita pekena murtabak king kat restoran zam zam bugis street..orait...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zarin - kau kene jadi captain runners' team x budak Labu hehehe.

    Ray - aku masih akan doakan kau dpt buat sub 5 di FM SCSM dan seterusnya menjadi PB FM kau untuk diatasi di tahun 2011 hehe

    Syah - pace note aku nak tulis kat lengan, ikut contoh King Avatar aka Syahsully aka Kingfisher hehehe

    Yim - C u there also and go an nail a sub 4 hr 30 min, u can do it man!

    Jaja - TQ, jom next year buat FM

    Zack - sumber perisikan kau tu salah tu bro, dah kene interject hehehe. I am still a slow runner, will need to cangkuk u nanti :D

    Ijam - Cantek, nanti kene carboloading kat sana yahooooooo. Kau kene target sub 4 hr 30 nanti kat SCSM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck King Cengkerang! Run safe shall we & enjoy the marathon scenes LSD style. Carboload kat red-light district ke? Ngeh ngeh ngeh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diket - betul yg penting run safe, lu kira LSD pace, wa lengit pace kalau nak sub 5hr 30 :D

    Doc Julin - TQ Doc, bagi ler tips nak lari laju hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok lagi sekali pesan, calling me for get together and makan!! Good luck Ziff !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck ziff .... wish that I am there too ...

    ReplyDelete