Thursday, January 14, 2010

Waiting for Sunday to Come

Yesterday and the day before, I did a 5.4km run after office. Since I'd never done my run anywhere near the Tugu Hill (all this while i only run at the lake garden if i wish to do my run after office hour), i decided to make my round there. At least i could familiarise myself a bit with Tugu Hill route, which all runners of all categories need to pass twice this sunday.

Run at an easy pace since hard training at this point would only expose myself to injury. I believe the Tugu Hill is about similar height with the Carcosa Hill albeit with a longer distance. I followed the race route (i.e. starting at padang merbuk), went up the tugu hill, run down along jalan parlimen to Bank Negara, running up Jalan Dato' Onn but then turned back to Padang Merbuk via the junction on the ascending part to the Tugu Hill.

I will not exert myself on physical activities until sunday. Hope everything will be ok for a slow/easy (less pain) run this coming sunday.

Cheers!!!

12 comments:

  1. Well done. Keep it easy running up to Sunday. I'm not familiar with that route cause I hardly train there so I'll just follow the crowd this Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yimster....think it shud not be a big problem for u :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, apa plan for carbo loading? ni lah alasan to makan the banyak2

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the best bro! good luck for this sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Syah

    i will start the carbo load today. This is my first carbo loading so i dunno when to start. Worry plak kalau start awal, all those carbo turns to fat before this sunday..hehe. Asked wife to stock up the fridge with veggie. Plan is to have rice and veggie. Ikan boleh ker ambik?

    Che

    Good luck to u also bro! Lets enjoy (i mean with less pain) our maiden 20k :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck to u Bro Ziff, enjoy your run this Sunday, as for me..gerun ler ..(shivering as i type this)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Ziff. It should be a nice run for you. No worries. Just get your normal food amount & all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shaq and Diket...TQ.

    With u guys' keting kenya, double hill should be a breeze obstacle this sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever it is, all you have to do is know that someone is always gonna be behind you. Me. hahahaha. So take it easy on the jitters and just run.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ziff - makan macam biasa je. you could experiment if you want (during trainings). Along the years has taught me the NO-NO food few days and the night before race, ie milk, brocolli, sambal pedas etc. although only certified nutritionists and trainers je yg boleh advise on this matter...

    aku rasa ikan kering pun sodap! tapi bro, jangan lupa hydrate yourself well. the day before tu minum air je banyak-banyak. ulang pegi toilet pun takpa...

    tp kalau all the carbo load dah tukar fat before race, masa race ada lah alasan to run faster and bakar all the lemaks, kan hahaah

    good luck, bro! kitorang berkumpul kat Bukit Aman carpark ard 4.30am, kalau ada situ singgah la warmup sekali ok

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haza

    Thanks but i beg to differ about u behind me :-)

    Syah

    Those are good tips. I valued runners' own experience since those were all tried and tested. Kalau ikut hati mmg nak lari laju bakar lemak kat spare tyre nie tp apa nak buat kederat still x cukup :-)

    I plan to be at Bukit Aman by 5 am. If i reached there earlier i might be able to join u guys' warm up session.

    Good luck to all runners tomoro!

    ReplyDelete