Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Missing Link

Bkt Aman - Hartamas. I have done that route, COUNTLESS times. True. No kidding. OK, not really from Bkt Aman but going through Jalan Sultan Salahuddin, Lenggok Tuanku, Government Complex and Taman Sri Hartamas. That was about 9 years ago when I was a young 3o years old guy, with a slim, slender body and calves like Avatar. Ok, OK, I didnt lie about the age but weight wise, that was when I seriously starting to accumulate the Kilograms, in tandem with the accumulation of my credit cards' points and by the way I done that route on wheels, 4 wheels to be exact.
Though I first came aware of this LSD route quite sometimes ago after digging in the other runners' blogs, it was of no significance to me since at that time running non stop for more than 10km (regardless of how slow that run was) would remain as an unthinkable feat. After I started increasing my LSD mileage, I started imagining myself doing the route, for experience sake but I never done that route, not a single attempt.
Because of that, it is only natural to expect that when Syah arranged for the Bkt Aman - Hartamas LSD, to take place this morning, I was eager and excited to join. Though I know that tagging along with them all the way would be impossible, still it would be fun to run together at least up to the first 3km. Since the rolling time is 6.15am, part of the plan is to reach Bkt Aman in time for the fajr prayer, i.e. 5.50 am. But the question is where was I at that time this morning? It is so easy to guess right. Yes, in my bed. Having my wet, oppsss...sweet dream (kidding jer...actually no dream lah). I was pretty sure that I had set the alarm at 4.50 am, knowing that I would push the snooze key at least 3 times (at 5 minutes intervals) before I would drag my bum out from the bed. I was also pretty sure that I only pushed the snooze key twice, so I should be up by the 3rd alarm sound, i.e. at 5 am. But no, the wall clock didnt show 5 am but 6 am instead. Damn! Unless i am a Superman which can change cloth by just making a spin (may be thats why he wears his underwear outside his pant), I would never ever made it to Bukit Aman by 6.30am. So the very least that I could do was to send sms text to Syah telling him that I couldnt join the gang today. Frust giler!
I tried to figure out what went wrong. Was it my HP's system turned hire wire (this can also double up as an excuse to change my HP to the latest Berry-berry or iPhone 3Gs) or was it due to human error (read- my own #%*#@@ up)? I picked the later as the answer. Thinking back, I should have mistakenly set the alarm at 5.50 am rather than 4.50 am. That is the only logical explanation that I could offer.
What is done is done. Sh** happens. So I had the option whether (i) to continue my wet, opssss..sweet dream or (ii) do some running. In the end, I applied the battle cry of "Lari tetap Lari". LSD still need to be done today, with my usual Shah Alam LSD's route (17km++ without tweaking). At least it will be a consolation to my frustration for not doing the Bkt Aman-Hartamas LSD.
I was determined to complete 20km LSD today. Timing is not relevant. The distance is. I am severely lacking now in my weekly mileage. Sundown is fast approaching. I run super duper slow, knowing that the 3 long climb that I need to endure in the first 10km would easily exhaust me for the second 10k. I keep reminding myself, go the distance dude, just go the distance. You are not competing with others and just accept the kind of runner you are (mean: snail pace runner lah, apa lagik kan hehehe). In my mind I just don't want to repeat last weekend bonker LSD. After a lot of huffing and puffing (with one walk break) and a period seems like forever, I safely reached my Taman with a distance of 20.5km done. 20.5km of a long SLOWWWWWWWWW run but in the end it feels a lot better than last week.
Tomorrow morning I need to add a 8-10km more to my weekly mileage. In the afternoon, will bring the family to watch Iron Man 2. At least I will not feel so left out as in the case of Avatar :)
Good luck for you guys in the Bomba Run!
p/s - As i write this post, those brave souls are doing their ultra training rounds in Putrajaya. I wish Haza/Kash (and others) all the best.

11 comments:

  1. takpa bro... no kicking yourself lah... we do again next week. we are planning a trail at Batu Dam on Sunday next week... stay tuned :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worry bro. Insyallah next time aku set alarm betul2. Tp jgn lari laju2 lah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. A solo 20.5km run is surely not an easy feat to tackle.
    At least, u didn't lose the battle with the blanket.. dapat jugak buat LSD.

    Next time, join us ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet dreams are made of this bro hehe. Well at least you did LSD lah. Better than none kan? Next time set 2 alarms, no make that 3. Gerenti bangun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries la bro. You've already logged in a decent milage. Don't be too hard on yourself. There's always next time. We'll always be there, just be ready to be lambung-ed for yesterday's absent. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok lah tu,masih buat LSD jugak. thanks for the wishes, I had a good LSD, albeit tak cukup lah mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. solo LSD is always hard, 20k lagi, suspect la bro, eh nak kena lambung ke?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nik - panggilan blanket mmg power. Sambung tidur mmg sodaaapppp.

    Kash - Good to hear that u had a good LSD. U shud be ready by sundown :)

    Yim - now very2 rare ler to have that kind of dream. May b storage tank always below overflow leveL hehehe. Yes, next time will use my HP and wifey HP as backup :)

    Diket (Lambung King) - Patik pohon jgnlah patik dilambung. Patik lihat tuanku berlari LSD bersuka ria macam tengah bersantap roti canai dengan teh tarik ajer. Apa rahsia tuanku? Harap sama-samalah berkongsi bersama rakyat jelata negeri Lambung-lambungan.

    Shuk (Chief Lambung Chapter KLCC) - Chief, sessi lambung KLCC sekali dgn pocho pocho ker?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bro, no rahsia. Yim has already proved to us how trainings & fun mixed up together to get flying achievements. Just go out there run & have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. eheh late comment but still, 20k alone is no play play ok!

    never joined the guys on their lsds... maybe one day i will :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nadia

    Lets join us in the coming LSD this weekend in Putrajaya.

    ReplyDelete